Monday, November 17, 2008

Sooo Over? More importantly, Do I even care?


I'm planning on having a mashed potato bar at our reception. For the non-southerners, it's a station where mashed potatoes are served in a martini glass with various toppings (sour cream, butter, gravy, cheese, etc.). The main reason we are having this is because Mr. Inartistic requested it and he has only asked for three things at the wedding: the mashed potato bar, a carving station and lots of beer! Also, I love this idea and it has always been a hit at every event I've been too.
Well, recently I was talking to a dear friend of mine who is getting married two months before me and her caterer refused to do a mashed potato bar for her wedding, saying "that fad had passed." This left me wondering about several things: First, why would a caterer tell a bride that? Is it out of style?
Lastly, Do I care that it is sooo over? My answer is no. My FH and I love the idea and it will be a tasty food item that our guests will love. And I seriously doubt that any of our guests will be thinking that the food was passe.
What do you think? Should I base the menu on what the cool kids are doing?

No comments: