Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Link Love: Stupid Wedding Crap

I've decided to start something new on this blog for all my readers (all 6 of you, thank you google analytics). That's right, I'm going to do a spotlight on the websites that I love.

We'll get things started with the HILARIOUS http://stupidweddingcrap.com/

I love this site, the bride-to-be searches the internet for terrible wedding products (a denim wedding dress?) and provides wonderfully sarcastic commentary on the awful wedding junk. Seriously, I had tears rolling down my face as I was re-reading her entire site tonight!

Here's an excerpt from my favorite post to date:

http://stupidweddingcrap.com/archive/65

The Wedding Outlet is your one stop shop for all of those wedding day must-haves. What is a wedding day must-have? It is something like this bell-shaped piece of plastic that has been filled with sand and shells and hot-glued with an organza ribbon. Everyone needs an unringable bell (just $6.90 each, minimum order of 5).I found this gem on Wedding Rumors, which appears to be a blog about wedding accessories but is really just a clog (a.k.a, corporate blog) for the Wedding Outlet. After all, what blogger could, with any seriousness, write about the necessity of non-working plastic bells filled with sand and sea shells? When it comes to expensive, non-edible favors, I find that I can only write with derision. Well, derision, wit, and complete incredulousness.

Seriously, go check it out! If you are not laughing hysterically, well, there is something wrong with you.

P.S. As an internet addict, I'd love to hear about your fave sites.

No comments: