Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I want MORE candy!


Here is a follow-up to my earlier post about bags for the candy bar.....

First, I realize that I left some product information out.

I used Color Box pigment ink pad in black ($3), Stamp n Stuff embossing powder in clear ($4) and a Marvy Heat embossing tool ($19.99-I think), all products came from Michael's.


Additionally, I just learned from exploring at Michael's that there are pigment ink pens! This is SO much easier than the tiny paintbrush I mentioned earlier. Plus, the Micron .45mm black pen was reasonably priced at $2.99!


Lastly, after looking way too much at these bags, I decided they were missing something. So, I added a lime green ribbon looped through two holes to each bag. This will allow guests to tie the bag closed and it adds a pop of color!
For this, I used some chartreuse thin ribbon (50 cents for 10 yards) and a McGill 1/4 inch round hole punch ($5.99) from Michael's. It was very simple, I just punched two holes about 3/4 inch apart on the center of bag about 1/2 inch from the top of the bag and then threaded the ribbon through leaving the loose ends on the front of the bag.


Do you constantly add to your DIY to-do list too?

No comments: