Thursday, November 20, 2008

Link Love: The Preppy Wedding

Next up, is my first wedding blog, http://thepreppywedding.blogspot.com/. That's right, this website was the first wedding blog that I followed right after getting engaged!

The author is a total prepster, a southern belle and has a great eye for all things stylish!

Here's an excerpt from a post about her own wedding:

http://thepreppywedding.blogspot.com/2007/04/preppy-wedding-details.html

I'm going to share some detail pictures of the things we did for our perfectly preppy wedding. Next week, I'll talk in more detail about some of our ideas for all you DIY girls out there.Here goes ...Keep in mind the overall theme tying this wedding together was SOUTHERN CHIC.Some of you asked about our flowers. The wedding really was a hydrangea fest. I carried 6 bunches of blue hydrangeas while the maids carried 4 bunches of ivory. This saved us money, as hydrangeas are imported this time of year. (Also - the imported hydrangeas are supposed to be more hearty) As you can see, I also had a picture of my mom's mom and dad's dad (who are both deceased) dancing. I love this picture, so I went to Ritz camera, shrunk it to locket size and had my florest tie it onto my bouquet. That way, I had a constant reminder of their prescence.

Check it out and let me know your preppy thoughts!

No comments: