Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Inartistic Invitations: Part 2


I've finally finished covering the Bloom Envelopes with the Chartreuse Silk Shantung ribbon.....it was a lot of work. I am so glad I chose the bow-tie that I did because it could have been much worse.

I decided to use a modified Martha Stewart Winged Bow. It's pretty easy, but time consuming, the tricky part is getting everything symmetrical and straightening out the knot.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cut a bunch of ribbon, I used approximately 18 inches.

2. Center the ribbon under the envelope.

3. Cross left tail over right one.

4. Knot ribbon by threading left tail behind right one, under, and up through the hole; make sure ribbon is not twisted or bunched.



5. Pull evenly on tails until ribbon has tightened into a clean, smooth knot.


6. Repeat Step 4 & Step 5
7. Fold ends of ribbon under twice and trim if necessary to ensure the bow is symmetrical.

No comments: