Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Inartistic Invitations: Part 1

The invitations are in and I have been working diligently to get them assembled...which explains the lack of posting.

But, sorry excuses aside, here they are for your review!
Since the invitations are such a big project, I'm going to cover these in a series of posts.
The first step was putting together the RSVP cards. I had to put the stamps on the envelopes and place the cards under the envelope flap. These steps were easy; the most difficult part was placing the stamp on straight. I am using the Forever Stamps, I know they are not the prettiest things, but with a few months before I even mail out the invites, I didn't want to risk postage prices increasing and having to add 1cent stamps at the last minute.
Next, I had to place the invitations on the terra green backer cards. This was slightly difficult and time consuming. I used the Michael's brand glue stick and rolled it over the the edges to create a square and then diagonally across the invitation. It was kinda hard to center the invitation perfectly on the backer card, but after the first few it got easier. Luckily, the glue stick doesn't dry immediately so you can re-adjust the invitation.
I also had to place the RSVP cards and invitations into the bloom envelope and fold the envelope closed. I placed the RSVP card under the invitation and then folded the bloom envelope closed like you would fold a box closed, i.e., one side of each flap on the bottom and one side on the top. I was a little worried about putting the RSVP card under the invitation...would people see it? But I really wanted people to see the invitation upon opening the bloom envelope, so I put it on top and hoped that people would find it.
Next up....the Ribbons!
OVERALL REVIEW
COST: As I mentioned before, these invitations were well-priced.
TIME: So far, it's been a lot of work! The steps I mentioned above took several nights.
DIFFICULTY: These steps were very simple, just time-consuming.

RELATED POSTS:



No comments: