Monday, December 22, 2008

Design-It-Yourself (and have someone else do the dirty work)


That's right, I designed our invitations and response card using Microsoft Word and then printed locally in black thermography for an amazing $115 for 200 invitations and $100 for 200 response cards. The invitations will be printed on 100lb white linen cardstock in a 5x7 inches size with a 5 1/8 x 7 1/8 inches 80lb Astrobrights terra green backer layer. The response card will be 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 printed on the white linen cardstock as well.


This is definitely my easiest DIY to date, all you have to do is determine your wording, sizing, font (I used Century Gothic and Feel Script) and start typing!

REVIEW
COST: Super cheap! I saved over 50%!!
TIME: Varies, my design was basic and it took less than an hour
DIFFICULTY: Low, but it depends on your design

Has anyone else partially DIY-ed their invitation suite? Was it cost-effective for you?

As always, if you want my template or need help with yours, leave a comment.

No comments: