Thursday, December 4, 2008

For your butt


Get your mind out of the gutter! I’m talking about chairs obviously!

Before my marathon planning session, I had budgeted for chair covers and ties at our reception (my venue already has chairs). This was going to cost me $975 for basic (black or white) polyester linens, shipping, taxes and labor. I’m not known for being cheap or frugal (actually, I’m known for being the exact opposite) but this cost stuck with me throughout the process as ridiculous. I just couldn’t see spending more on chairs linens than I did for invitations and I always thought that money could be better spent elsewhere, like an additional food item or better liquor! But I just swallowed my feelings and agreed on the chair covers because I thought I had to have them and renting prettier chairs was out of my budget.

Then, I returned to the reception venue with my fabulous planner and my new reception venue coordinator (my original coordinator doesn’t work there anymore). After seeing the chairs, my planner thought the venue’s retro black chairs, white retro barstools and white gladiator chairs were perfect for the lounge-y theme I envisioned.

Here are some pictures of the chairs (I couldn’t find any pictures of the white barstools, but they are the same as the black chairs only taller and white!):








What do you think? Are these chairs acceptable? What kind of chairs are you using?

No comments: