Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recession Depression


I was recently laid off at my job, I've been unemployed for almost a month, with little hope on the horizon. This is extremely stressful because I am paying for the wedding with little help from my mother, who will be covering the cost of the catering. Now with just over 90 days until the wedding, I'm faced with a dilemma, if I want to cancel with any of my vendors, it has to be done in the next 48 hours (90 days before the wedding).

I can see everything I've hoped, planned, budgeted and in some cases paid deposits for going rapidly down the drain. What do I do? Do I forfeit my deposits and do without? Do I try to renegotiate?

Right now, I am weighing all my options. Before Friday, I have to decide on the reception venue, photographer and band.

Stay tuned....

No comments: