Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Envelope Guest Book


When I saw this Good Things several months ago, I knew immediately that I had to do it! I like this idea for several reasons:

  1. It's different
  2. It will give the guests the opportunity to write something besides their names if they choose
  3. It will hopefully speed up the guest book line by allowing more than one guest to sign their name at the same time.
  4. I'm already looking forward to opening all the envelopes after the honeymoon
SUPPLIES

  • Scrapbook
  • 12 x 12 card stock
  • Glue Stick
  • Scissors
  • Die-Cutter (not necessary, but makes it easier)
  • Envelope Die Cut
  • Square Die Cut
I got my black fabric scrapbook from Michael's for $12. I originally wanted a black silk dupioni album with our monogram, but the $90 price tag was too much for me.

I used all the Die Cut supplies mentioned in my previous post.

I bought all my card stock from Michael's. I am using the black and white linen 12x12 sheets for everything. The official names are Solar White and Charcoal Black. TIP: Figure out how much you need before you go! I went 4 times for all the card stock!

I used two different types of glue. First, I used the Michael's brand glue stick for glue the envelopes closed and Elmer's Memory Book Glue Pen for pasting the envelopes to the backer sheet.

If you're using the same die cuts, here are some helpful size tips: 6 envelopes can be made per 12x12 page; 21-23 square envelope inserts per 12x12 page and 9 envelopes displayed per 12x12 page.

I choose to use the same size envelope throughout the book because I like uniformity and it was easier. I used alternating colors with black envelopes and inserts on white backer sheets and vice versa to spice it up some. I am alternating black and white pages throughout the book. I also plan to make some stickers to seal the envelope in our accent color, lime green to add some color.

Here are some pics....

OVERALL REVIEW
Difficulty: Really low

Labor: Medium

Price: Low, pretty much just paper and glue.






No comments: