Sunday, October 12, 2008

Crystal Beaded Toothpicks


Here's the instructions for making the crystal beaded toothpicks seen here.

SUPPLIES
  • Square Round Tip Toothpicks (I bought 1250 for a 250 guest wedding, I don't know if this too much or too little, I should probably google this.)
  • Beads
  • 3mm acrylic jewels
  • Aleene's Glass & Bead glue (I don't know if this is the right glue, I should have researched this, but I'm lazy.)
  • Plate--you'll want to use an old one because of the glue


INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Wash your hands and get a clean old plate. Your guests will be eating off these, so keep it hygienic!
  2. Dip the toothpick in the glue.
  3. Insert the toothpick into the bead.
  4. Place the beaded toothpick onto the plate with bead on the bottom (see pic above).
  5. Let dry.
  6. Put glue on the top of the bead.
  7. Place the crystal on the center of the bead to cover the hole.
  8. Place the toothpick into a bowl or other container with beaded end up. I originally put them in a ziploc bag and several of the crystals fell off, so I definitely recommend the bowl route.

I bought everything at Michael's. Here are a few pictures:

OVERALL REVIEW:
Difficulty: Low
Labor: High
Price: Cheap

RELATED:
http://theinartisticbride.blogspot.com/2009/01/inartistic.html

1 comment:

Cathy Miles said...

I literally can not wait to try this for my niece's baby shower! You are very talented...thanks for saving me some dough!!!