Thursday, May 21, 2009

Did you know? Napkins: The Setup

As I previously mentioned, I was working on the Did you know? napkins. Well, here's the skinny on the design and setup.

The hardest part was putting together all the facts for our napkins, I decided to do 9 designs, 4 for dinner napkins and 5 for cocktail napkins. I really wanted to keep the facts fun and lighthearted. As you can see from the images of the setup files below, I think I achieved my goal!

I am not a computer genius, so I typically use Microsoft Publisher for design projects and this was no exception. I used my previously created logo and simply typed the text below using my two wedding fonts: Feel Script and Century Gothic. It was a pretty easy process.

The next step was to convert the files to a vector based file. To do this, I downloaded the free trial of Adobe Illustrator from www.adobe.com and copied and pasted my designs from Publisher into Illustrator. Then, I followed these great instructions I found on www.weddingbee.com for vectorizing. By doing this work myself, I saved a $75 setup fee. It was definitely worth the time (about an hour).

I'll follow up soon with some pictures of the finished product! In the meantime, check out the images from the files I used for printing.

























































No comments: